Custom Radio Programming Services for your Two-Way – Wouxun, Ailunce, AnyTone, TYT, Retevis, QuanSheng or TERA.
I’ll perform research, make recommendations, and program any frequencies and radio settings that you desire (within FCC rules for any given radio). The default is 1 minute of programming or research time @ $120/hour (or a QTY of 1 for $2).
Includes custom radio programming & research for your two-way Ailunce HD1, Wouxun KG-UV9D Plus+, KG-UVPX, KG-UVGX, KG-UV9P, KG-UV9G PRO, KG-916 GMRS, KG-UV9D(Plus), KG-UV9D Mate, KG-UV9D, KG-UV7D, KG-UVA1-V2, KG-UV6D-V2, KG-UV6D, KG-UV6D PRO, KG-UV6X, KG-UV3D, KG-UV3X, KG-UV2D, AnyTone AT-D868UV DMR, TYT TH-8200, Retevis RT27 & RT47 FRS, RT27V & RT47V MURS, RT76P GMRS, RT76 GMRS, QuanSheng UV-R50 & TERA TR-500, TR-505 & TR-590 radios.
NOTE: I’m currently NOT accepting any new custom programming projects other than default SHTF codeplug re-programming, due to an overload of recent sales. I may resume the full custom programming service in the future. Contact me with any questions.
How Does This Work?
- Add one or more new radios to your Cart and edit the quantity desired for each radio model. Skip this step if you are sending me your existing radio for re-programming.
- Then add this (BSR-PROG) custom radio programming service item to your cart and change the item quantity before checkout to the number of minutes of frequency research & programming time you think I’ll need to complete your project. Most projects take at least 15-20 minutes, but can take as long as an hour or much more for radios with more channels or advanced features (like DMR), or if you have me researching hard-to-find frequencies. If you’re not sure how much time to add, you can always contact me for a quick estimate. I’ll bill you for any extra time required to complete your project (but only after your approval).
- I do NOT provide TX range unlocking. You can do that yourself for some radios, for authorized uses only, with unlocking software readily available on the web, such as CHIRP. Contact me for more educational information on MARS/CAP/GOV amateur radio unlocking.
- Restoration of original SHTF programming (if radio purchased from BSR) is just $20 per radio (so a QTY of 10 per radio) plus return shipping (usually $12 or less or a QTY of 6) for a total of $32 (QTY of 16 for this item). This requires you to send the radio body (no battery, antenna or other accessories if one of the radio models listed above) to me, then I will re-program and return to you. Bulk discounts are available – contact me for an estimate.
- Programming your 3rd-party radio with my original SHTF codeplug is $30 per radio (so a Qty of 15 per radio) plus return shipping (usually $12 or less or a QTY of 6) for a total of $42 (QTY of 21 for this item). This requires you to send your radio body (with battery and antenna onyx if not one of the radio models listed above) to me, then I will program and return to you.
- You can also purchase my SHTF codeplug file and restore the programming yourself (requires a USB cable and free or paid software) in RT Systems, CHIRP, Wouxun factory, .xlsx or .csv format – Please use the Order Instructions field during checkout to specify what radio and file format you want) as long as you promise not to share or sell it, for $10 (a Qty of 5) if you purchased a compatible radio from me, or $20 (a Qty of 10) if you purchased your radio somewhere else. Bulk discounts are available – contact me for an estimate. I will email the file to you usually within about 24 hours.
- BSR Return Address: (Important: include your name and new custom programming Order # inside the package.)
5318 E 2ND ST 352
LONG BEACH, CA 90803
For reprogramming, please place your programming order with this item, set the QTY to reflect the correct price with estimated return shipping, use the Order Instructions field during checkout to specify what radio and file format you want, and then return your radio (body only, no battery or antenna if it is a radio I sell, or ask me first) to the address on my Contact page. Include your new programing Order # on the outside and inside of the package.
For custom programing, you can also send me a spreadsheet or text document with your own custom channel chart, or start with one of my existing SHTF custom radio programming charts or templates, then optionally customize it to suit your own needs before emailing to me, which I can then build on, as needed.
I can guide you through the process with just a little help, or do everything for you!
Note: While I’m pretty good at finding specific entities and frequencies, not all frequencies can be found or used on all radios. For example, most of my radios can only receive analog or DMR digital signals, which means any signals using other digital modes such as P25 , Trunking or Spread-Spectrum can not be programmed. While this service does include custom radio programming for your previously “unlocked” radio, only frequencies that are within the FCC approved operating range of a given radio can be programmed for TX. I will let you know what’s available in your area if you’re interested in scanning Public Safety or specific commercial/industrial/business/government LMR channels, etc. I will not perform research or programming that I suspect may be for deliberate criminal or illegal intent and receive the right to refuse or halt any programming project for any reason (any unused time will be refunded less any payment transaction fees). No refunds for digital products such as programming CODEC files once the file has been sent.
IMPORTANT: Some custom radio programming options for our radios are meant for communications during emergency or “SHTF” (S#it Hits The Fan) situations. You are solely responsible for operating this device in compliance with FCC licensing and regulations, regardless of any custom programming I perform for you. We are not responsible for any harm caused by the use or misuse of these devices. Let me know if you have any questions before purchasing.